Sunday, November 6, 2011

Led to those who help us most to grow

I disappeared. Again.
Why, oh why can't I maintain my blog? It's just like all those darn diaries I started as a child and never finished even a little bit.
The truth is, very shortly after my last post, a little over a year ago...I got distracted. I got distracted because I found out I had done #3 on my 30 Before 30 List. Do you remember #3?

30 Before 30

  1. Read all 87 Pulitzer Prize winning novels (0/87)
  2. Take an overseas trip with the Boy
  3. Get Pregnant
  4. Finish the X-Files (4/11)

Done and done.
So, forgive me, I was busy. I was making this guy:


In addition, I had an organ removed (gallbladders are stupid anyway), moved across country (again), and said goodbye to my husband for two other work deployments.

I'm tired of the excuses though. I want this blog to be something. I need somewhere to express myself. To be a mama, yes. To show off my baby boy as he grows and share what I'm learning and needing and feeling about parenthood. Also, though, to be a person. To show off the parts of me that haven't changed along with the birth of my son. To share the things I'm interested in and doing and learning and feeling that have nothing to do with being a parent. I think I need this blog. If for nothing else then for a place to vent.
So. I'm back. Let's see how long this lasts.

PS: Coincidentally, I also did #4  

(30 Before 30)

4. Finish the X-Files (11/11)

It got harder as it went on. I am SO RELIEVED it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment