Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Was There To Hear Your Borning Cry

We baptized Arthur on New Years Day.

Baptism is one of the two sacraments we practice in my denomination (the other being Communion). It was important to me that we did the baptism in our new church community but it was ALSO important that my mother perform the baptism and Arthur's godparents be there. This presented some problems. Both my mom and A's Godfather are ministers themselves which makes it hard for them to be away on a Sunday. However, since our families normally spend the time following Christmas together, it was decided that this year WE would host the two families and we could do the baptism then. So our (pretty small) rental house in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin had 11 people in it for a week. 13 on the days my sister and her boyfriend came over from the Cities. We had a VERY VERY full house. It was wonderful.
We made a traditional Christmas dinner one night. On another night Skyler and I went into St. Paul to meet up with two of my best friends from high school with a team of babysitters back at the house with Arthur. The kids played a lot of Wii and Rock Band in the basement. We consumed so.much.coffee. We went to the Leine Lounge and did a brewery tour. The Holsts were able to head into Minneapolis and see friends that they don't often see since they now live in Illinois. It was busy, and crowded and oh-so-wonderful. I feel very lucky to have such a great extended family and I know Arthur will grow up with a whole lot of love surrounding him.

Damon and Arthur are going to be great buddies. 

In His Traditional Gown

Those Cheeks!

Micki, Adam and Arthur before the service. 

Nana, What are you doing with me?

Even though this is blurry, it might be my favorite of the day


Ashley and Baby

That's a lot of God Parents!

Damon and his girlfriend Brooke. We were so happy she came too!

No comments:

Post a Comment