Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Over the Hill, I'll be Over the Hill

So has anyone else heard of 30 before 30? It's sort of like a bucket list...but obviously shorter. Things you want in just the next few years. Assuming you're in your late 20s. Which I am. Still. Thankfully.
The things are things you want...want to accomplish, do, become. I decided to make one. These are all things I've had in my head for quite some time, but I wanted to get it all out on paper. I feel like it might make me more accountable. I'll update you as I get things accomplished.

30 Before 30

  1. Read all 87 Pulitzer Prize winning novels (0/87)
  2. Take an overseas trip with the Boy
  3. Get Pregnant
  4. Finish the X-Files (4/11)
  5. Finish all of Star Trek (5/42)
  6. Watch the “100 Greatest Movies of All Time” (45/100)
  7. Host a grown-up dinner party
  8. Finish at least 4 quilts (0/4)
  9. See Daniel Radcliffe perform on Broadway
  10. Go to a music festival
  11. Take piano lessons
  12. Read 10 novels in French (0/10)
  13. Get out of debt
  14. Take at least one graduate-level course
  15. Attend a professional conference
  16. Live together with the Boy in the same place for over a year...at least 13 months (0/13)
  17. Go Horseback riding
  18. Go stargazing with our new telescope
  19. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  20. Own a really really really nice camera
  21. Run a 10K
  22. Go on a mission trip
  23. Be on the board of a non-profit or at church
  24. See a professional sports game
  25. Practice “Meatless Mondays” for at least 6 months (0/6)
  26. Join a CSA
  27. Try a new recipe at least twice a month (0/72)
  28. Open an Etsy shop
  29. Win an Election
  30. Own a new vehicle
And yes, I should probably work on getting as many of these done before #3...but we'll see how that goes.



2 comments: